Viddy and Jessica

Sunday, April 11, 2010

One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri

Today after our forever long hike we were at home just taking it easy and I heard the front door open but it didn't close, so I figured Viddy had just gone outside to get something. A few minutes later I still hadn't heard him come back into the house so I tried to find him and he was no where to be found. When he came back into the house I asked him where he went and this is the story that he told me:

I went out to check the mail and I saw a lady drive by and throw her cigarette butt out the window in front of our house. Then she parked a few houses down so I picked up the cigarette butt and walked it down to her. I went up to her car and told her that she had dropped this. She gave me this really odd look like "Are you serious?" and I told her that I would appreciate it if she didn't litter in front of my house. I asked her if she could throw it away in her own trashcan and when she said yes I handed it back to her and walked home.

I got a kick out of this story and thought you might too. Viddy is one of the few people I know who can return a cigarette butt to someone and ask them (in all seriousness) to throw it away in their own trashcan and then have them agree.

2 comments:

  1. He had me laughing yesterday and today about this. That is hilarious. I agree he is the only person I know that can have someone take a cigarette butt back and he was probably smiling the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so hilarious!!! I would have loved to see the lady's face when he told her that! ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete