Viddy and Jessica

Monday, April 5, 2010

New Calling

Two weeks ago the 1st counselor in our ward told Viddy that he wanted to meet with us after church. Of course whenever they tell you that your mind races a million miles an hour thinking what it could possibly be. We had been called in to Young Women and Young Men's at the same time and that was only eight months ago and I didn't think that they would release either of us and I couldn't imagine getting another calling so I was out of ideas. So we walk into to the room with him and we both sit down, then he looks directly at me and I'm thinking "Oh crap, what did I do" and then he proceeds to tell me that they would like to release me as the 1st counselor in YW. This came as quite a shock, but then he goes on to extend a call to be the 2nd counselor in the Primary. I bursted into tears right then. The only thing that was going through my mind was, "You are taking me away from YW and putting me in Primary?!? What? Are you sure/crazy?" With tear filled eyes I accepted both the release and the calling and left the building trying to hold myself together. I called my mom who told me that with every calling comes a release (which I knew) but why so soon and then why Primary? I'm not creative enough for Primary. This next Sunday will be my first Sunday in Primary and I am in charge of Sharing Time, and I think that I might get sick just thinking about it. The one thing that gives me courage is the fact that who the Lord calls the Lord qualifies. I just hope that I qualify quickly before I make a fool of myself.

5 comments:

  1. Jessica! I have no doubt that you will do so wonderful in primary! You are ALWAYS happy, and up beat, and you always bring sunshine to everyone! They will be blessed by you! :) I am really glad that I met you, and became friends, because you taught me so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be great...the kiddos will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, I am sure you did great today! You will grow to love this calling just as much as you loved your Young Women's calling. The kids will say and do things that will give you such happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that was a funny/ironic thing. When I posted my last statement to this blog entry of yours, my password to make a comment was ablam! Your calling in Primary is sure to be ablam (I am assuming that is a good ablam!)

    ReplyDelete