Viddy and Jessica

Monday, November 19, 2012

That should not have been that easy!

This is Jessica's version of Viddy deciding to do law school and getting in:
     In late May Viddy came home from work and said that he had been thinking about doing law school. I said great, and in my mind I was thinking, I've thought about doing a lot of things... no big deal. Then he said, "And I've been thinking about starting in August."
     "Oh," and in my mind I'm thinking, this is a little more serious than I thought.
     "The application is due at the end of the week."
     "Wow, let's get on it then." Again in my mind, there is no way this is going to work.
     Well, he got the application in just in time and all of his letters of recommendation were sent and he was good to go. He just had to take the LSAT. So he scheduled it for the middle of June and bought some LSAT prep books online. He studied almost every night for at least an hour, sometimes two. But keep in mind that this is a test that people study months for and take prep classes for.
     Anyways, I have always know that Viddy is really smart, and I wasn't super worried about him doing well. So he took the test in June and we got the scores a few weeks later. Viddy called me from work and said, "I did well, I got in the ninety oneth percentile." To which I replied, "ninety first?" Honestly, I'm the math major, it's a good thing they didn't have a grammar section.
     I few weeks later in July he found out that he got into to the University of Houston. So for the next four years Viddy will be doing law school. The University of Houston apparently has a pretty good intellectual property program which is what Viddy is looking to go in to. Most days I think he enjoys it. He always has stories to tell about his classes and funny things that the teacher or other students say.
     The only explanation I can give of why it worked so easy was because it is what we need to be doing in our lives right now and the Lord was with us through the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment