Viddy and Jessica

Monday, November 19, 2012

"You have got to be pulling on my leg!"

Name that movie! But seriously, do you ever have one of those days that you just want to scream "Are you kidding me!?!?" Well let me tell you about one of those days:
     I was having a relaxing morning walking around in the pool and reading a book. I had my phone close by and I went to check the time. Before I realized what had happened I fumbled my phone and dropped it into the pool. I immediately jumped out and raced to take my phone apart and put it in some rice. (I had heard that doing this works)
     I waited a few hours and took the phone out of the rice to put it back together (note: if you ever do this, leave your phone in the rice for a whole day). I set it on the counter and went to grab the other pieces. When I came back I saw tons of teeny-tiny bugs crawling out of my phone. I of course freak out and do my best to get all the bugs out of the phone and kill them as quickly as possible. In case you don't know, I hate bugs! I know I shouldn't because we live in Texas and there are all sorts or crazy creepy crawlers, but they still freak me out.
     I was a little worried that these bugs had just made a home in my phone and I had been carrying bugs around for months, but then I saw lots of these little bugs in the rice that I had put my phone in. At this point I am totally grossed out because we had just eaten this rice, no joke, the day before. I closed the container and decided that when I took out the trash later I would dump the rice in the bag so that I wouldn't have to throw away the container.
     The phone still didn't work, so I found another container of rice and checked it for about 2 minutes to make sure it was bug free and left my phone in there over night.
     In the meantime I decided to take out the trash. So I dumped all the bug infested rice into the trash can, life the trash bag out of the can and carry it across the living room to take it outside. It was only when I reached the tile that I realized the trash bag had a hole in the bottom and I had just dumped bug infested rice all over the living room. As fast as my dejected self could, I ran for the vacuum to clean up my mess. I got all the rice vacuumed up, got a new trash bag and put the old trash bag into it and the contents of the vacuum and finally got the trash taken out.
     This story does have a happy ending though. The next day I put the phone back together and it worked! This was the only thing that made the previously day slightly more bearable. I can look back now and laugh at the ridiculousness of it all, but at the time I just wanted to scream "You have got to be pulling on my leg!" -Gru on Despicable Me. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Lindsay and I were just reading your blog when Linds said, "Hey, name that movie! You've got to be pulling on my leg!" and pointed at this post. Soooooo awesome because that is one of our favorite movies. Seriously though, bummer story. "I [had] pins and needles that I [was] sitting on."

    ReplyDelete