Viddy and Jessica

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Anniversary Getaway in San Antonio

Viddy and I went to San Antonio this weekend for a little getaway. It is such a fun city and we had a blast. In the morning we walked to The Guenther House for breakfast and on the way there we saw this cute squirrel posing with his acorn for a picture. Right after I took the picture he fumbled the acorn and lost hold of it and it rolled down the tree. It reminded me of Ice Age :)



This is a candy house at The Guenther House made completely of candy. The details on this thing were incredible. It had windows made of gelatin, and there were things going on inside the house too. 


Us in front of the Alamo


The best part of the whole trip was the fact that we were able to go to a sold out showing of Les Miserables with the Broadway cast. We went to the ticket office at just the right time and they were releasing a pair of tickets an hour before the show, so I waited at the office while David went and got lunch. It worked out perfectly and we got seats that were in the 6th row. It was incredible!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, was that at the Majestic Theatre by chance? I've been there* and it's one of the coolest looking theaters I've ever been to.

    (* I saw Grease starring Debbie Gibson. My brother met her at dinner the next night and got me her autograph. Good Times.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was the majestic and the theater itself was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat weekend for you two. I love all the pics and that squirrel is so cute! Oh you guys are cute too! And I am really glad you did not do what I guessed, especially when I left out the most important 3 words (giving it a new meaning altogether). Lol
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete