Viddy and Jessica

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rome Part II

Sorry it's taken me so long to post more about our trip. I think for the most part this was the second day that we were in Rome.
This is the Pantheon, which is the first known example of a building with a spherical roof.

Here is us in the inside of the Pantheon.
The point of this picture was to get Vatican City in the background, but the guy taking the picture didn't count to three (which is why my eyes are closed)

The gelato was amazing, which I already mentioned in the first post about Rome, but seriously... I could eat it all day!
In front of the Fontana de Trevi (the movie When in Rome was based off this fountain). And yes, that is a gelato cup in my hand :)
We had this crazy idea to rent one of these rickshaw bike things. I was pretty sure we were going to run someone over with it. It was a lot of fun! We thought it would be a good idea to ride over to a museum that we wanted to visit the next day (we thought they were all sold out for that day). So we rode over there - going up hill in a rickshaw is not an easy task - and the museum didn't have tickets for the time that we wanted but they said that since we were only two people we could go through the museum right then! Which was great, except that we had to return the rickshaw and then run back to the museum before it closed. In the end it was good exercise and the museum was well worth it.

Viddy planning what our next stop will be, or just trying to figure out the best way to get somewhere. I took a picture because he was doing this a lot on the trip, which I was grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment